Kangaroos and macropods in general are extremely slow breeders
- Grey kangaroos wean at around 12 – 15 months of age.
- They get fur between 5 and 6 months.
- The doe can have a pouch-bound joey and another at foot, since they stay close to the mother’s mob until 24 – 30 months of age.
- Does only have a maximum of 8 joeys in their lifetime.
- Only 3 joeys survive to adulthood.
- She does NOT ever have 2 pouched joeys except in the extremely rare case of twins.
- Grey does become sexually mature between 24 and 36 months.
- When shooters kill all the alpha males because they are frightened of them, the mob goes into a breeding melt down.
- Professional kangaroo shooters, (often referring to themselves as “harvesters”), as you will read here often, are men who have been thrown out of the family homes and cannot get a proper job, because they are unable to behave like human beings.
- Few farmers will allow shooters near their children and goats. Particularly goats.